Amazon Prime users often encounter the Amazon Prime Video error code 5004 while trying to play videos. Users often get irritated by this error, but there’s no need to worry. This guide will explain the causes of the error you encountered. You’ll receive multiple solutions for this problem. To avoid this issue, carefully try different solutions listed on this page—no need to worry. You’ll solve this problem quickly.
Causes of the Amazon Prime Video Error Code 5004
Rushing to find solutions for errors is only sometimes the best approach for any problem. Before you try to solve this problem, it’s essential to know why it happened. Users need to know the causes of Amazon Prime video error code 5004 to understand where the problem comes from. There are several causes of this problem. Here are some common causes of this error:
- Your internet connection may need to be stronger.
- If you use a VPN or proxy, you may come across this problem.
- Your computer may have a firewall.
- Your computer may have antivirus or other security software.
- Amazon Prime account/app has expired.
- Corrupted cookies and cached data can cause issues.
- Bug problem with the Amazon Prime app.
Methods to Fix Amazon Prime Video Error Code 5004
There are multiple solutions for the Amazon Prime video error code 5004 problem. Understanding the causes makes finding solutions more easily. Make sure to carefully review all the solutions to fix Amazon Prime error code 5004.
1. Checking Amazon Prime Video Status
To start, let’s go online and check Amazon Prime Video’s status before proceeding with anything else. Like other streaming services, Amazon also experiences downtime for maintenance or technical difficulties that users cannot control.
You can visit forums like Amazon and Reddit to see if other users are experiencing the same issue. If you see an expected behavior from other users, there is nothing wrong at your end. If you think you’re the only one, try the following fixes. Go to Down Detector and check the status there. The list includes the resolved issues, along with their dates and times.
2. Make Sure That Your Internet Connection Is Stable
First, ensure your internet connection is stable before trying other solutions. If your internet is unstable, you won’t be able to enjoy watching Amazon Prime videos online. First, check if you can access the internet. Also, you can run a speed test to see how stable the internet is. Here are a few simple steps:
- Navigate to the settings menu on your PC/PS4/Xbox.
- Go to the connections section and click on it.
- To check for Wi-Fi access, click on the Wi-Fi option.
If it doesn’t work, try turning off your connection for a few minutes and then turning it back on. If that doesn’t help, contact your internet service provider.
3. Check If Your Amazon Prime Account Is Active or Not
If your account is inactive, you may encounter Amazon Prime Video Error Code 5004. To access Amazon Prime Video, it is essential to have an active subscription. To reactivate your Video Prime account, follow the guide below.
- Visit the Amazon Prime Video Sign-in page.
- Please enter your username and password.
- After signing in, reactivate your account.
- Check streaming to see if the problem is resolved.
4. Turn off VPN, Proxy, Firewall, and Antivirus Security Programs
VPN, Proxy, firewall, and antivirus programs may affect your device’s network connectivity. Proxy and VPN encrypt traffic, which can make it difficult to access the server. On the other hand, firewalls and antivirus programs can disrupt and block connectivity, leading to failed sign-in attempts. To resolve the issue, follow the steps below;
- To open the start menu, click on “Settings”. Select “Network & Internet” from the options.
- To access the “Proxy” option, click on it at the bottom left corner.
- To disable “Automatically detect settings” in the automatic proxy setup, follow these steps:
- Go to the manual proxy setup settings to turn off the “Use of a proxy server” option. To fix the issue, restart the system.
5. Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies
One reason for the Amazon Prime Video Error Code 5004 is the cache and cookies stored on your computer. When the data on the Amazon Prime Video website gets corrupted, it can cause sign-in issues.
Error code 5004 can be resolved by clearing the browser’s cache and cookies, which will remove the corrupted data automatically and allow you to sign in more rapidly. You can clear your cache and cookies by following the instructions below;
- To find the three dots in your browser, look at the corner.
- To clear your browsing data, choose “More tools” from the drop-down menu and select “Clear browsing data.”
- To clear your data, check the boxes for “Cache” and “Cookies” and then click on “Clear data.”
- Clear the cache and cookies to check if the problem still exists, then restart the program.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall Amazon Prime Video
If you encounter the Amazon Error Code 5004, it may be due to an outdated application or a bug. Uninstall the app from your device and download a clean, upgraded version to solve the issue. To fix the problem, remove the app from your device, then download and reinstall it. Afterward, try signing in again to see if the issue is resolved.
Users often encounter the Amazon Prime Video Error Code 5004, which can be frustrating when trying to enjoy streaming videos. Some users have had problems playing downloaded videos from Amazon Prime. There are a few reasons why downloaded videos may not play. These include video corruption during conversion, virus contamination during downloading or uploading, and system hardware failure. Once you understand the reason and solution for the Amazon Prime Video 5004 error code, you can easily use and enjoy the application fully.
1. What is Amazon Prime Error Code 5004?
One main reason for the Amazon Prime error 5004 is a weak internet connection. You may have trouble accessing the application server if your internet connection is unstable. It can cause an error with the code 5004. To start, make sure you have a reliable internet connection.
2. What is Amazon Prime error code 1060?
The 1060 error is a common Amazon error code. It seems like you don’t have enough bandwidth to stream your video. Put, your internet connection is overwhelmed and cannot meet the requirements for a smooth stream. You may need to upgrade your internet for better performance.
3. Why did Amazon Prime stop working on my smart TV?
There are various reasons why that could happen. Your Smart TV may be unable to connect to the internet, or the Amazon Prime Video service might be down. Additionally, the app could be experiencing a bug or an issue with your app that requires reinstalling.